This section serves as a resource for our Circle Members. From the menu on the right, choose to view our newsletter, download/print or fill out an online reporting form, review the KD Circle Handbook, mark your calendar with upcoming KD Connect meeting dates, and view our organization's bylaws. As always, our staff is available to assist you as needed and answer any questions you may have.
KD BOARD NOMINATIONS
Nomination Criteria for the King's Daughters' Board of Directors:
The Nominating Committee requesting nominations from our general membership for positions that may become vacant on The King's Daughters Board of Directors each year. Nomination of one’s self is permitted.
A candidate for membership on the BOARD OF DIRECTORS of THE KING'S DAUGHTERS, should meet the following criteria:
- Be a member of a King's Daughters Circle for a minimum of two years.
- Have worked on a Major Project or been the Chair of a Circle project or been a Circle Leader.
- May not be an employee of Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters.
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Attend board committee meetings as necessary
- Attend KD Connect meetings (4-5 per year)
- Serve as a liaison to Circles
- Become a hospital tour guide
- Sign a conflict of interest form and confidentiality agreement
- Become educated in the workings of The King's Daughters and the other corporations under the umbrella of the CHKD Health System
- Support CHKD's Annual Giving Campaign
- Support and attend The King's Daughters' Major Projects
- Ability to act as a spokesperson for The King's Daughters
- Possess a demonstrated commitment to community service, support for The King's Daughters mission and values
- Willingness to accept additional duties as assigned by The King's Daughters Board of Directors' President
All KD Board of Directors members:
- May not hold a leadership office in their own Circle or on a Major Project’s committee unless approved by The Executive Committee of The King’ Daughters Board of Directors
- May not serve as their Circle’s representative at KD Connect Meetings
- With the exception of The King’s Daughters’ President, who is a Class A member of the Children’s Health System Board and an Executive Committee Member who automatically serves as on the Children’s Health Foundation Board, a King’s Daughters Board Member may serve on a Children’s Health System affiliate Boards with the approval of the Executive Committee.
Complete the nomination form and return it to The King's Daughters office
All forms must be received no later than Friday, February 16, 2018
CHKD Thrift Stores KD Circle Bag Drive
ALL CIRCLES ARE ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE! April 27, 28, 30 (No Pick-ups Sunday April 29)
Circles need to schedule ONE PICK-UP ON April 27, 28 or 30. Please have all donations to your Circle's designated pick-up location prior to April 27.
Circle Project Ideas
Need a little help choosing your next Circle project?
Download our list of Project ideas. Contact The King's Daughters Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 757-668-7098 with any questions!
Kroger Community Rewards Program
Register your Kroger Plus Card & with every purchase Kroger will donate back to The King's Daughters.