We are energetic, fun loving and outgoing - an informal group who enjoy socializing while working hard to raise funds, friends and awareness for Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters (CHKD) in Norfolk, Virginia. Our members mostly live in Norfolk, but we have members from Virginia Beach, Chesapeake and surrounding cities. The Magnolias have combined fundraising efforts with other organizations such as the Sertoma Club of Norfolk, Tidewater Community College and several local businesses. Contact us at email@example.com.
MAGNOLIA CIRCLE DRAGON BOAT RACE FUNDRAISER TO BENEFIT CHKD
The Magnolia Circle of The King’s Daughters is pleased to bring the 5th Annual 2019 Magnolia Circle Dragon Boat Race Fundraiser to Nauticus on Saturday, September 14th, 2019. The 2015 Magnolia Circle Dragon Boat Race was the first of its kind in the Hampton Roads area. We invite you to join us in this exciting fundraiser by becoming a sponsor, forming a team, volunteering or making a donation.
Dragon boat racing offers corporate and community groups a fun and unique opportunity to cultivate team building. Dragon boating is easy, fun, and no prior experience or equipment is needed! This is a unique opportunity for participants of all ability levels, it promotes team building, and brings the community together for fun at the Elizabeth riverfront.
The Dragon Boat Race Fundraiser is free and open to the public, so bring your friends and family! Food, beverage, and retail vendors will be onsite including:
- Food & beverages will be available for purchase
- Beer provided by O’Connor Brewing Co.
- Free water for athletes
- Music & announcements provided throughout the day
- T-shirts available for sale
- Waterfront bleachers provided by the City of Norfolk
As a sponsor of the Magnolia Circle Dragon Boat Race Fundraiser, you can be an invaluable contributor giving help and hope to children in our community. Not to mention contributing to the health and wellbeing of your employees by showing support for Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters (CHKD) Mental Health Program. As an event sponsor, you will:
- SUPPORT The King’s Daughters in raising $1 million toward CHKD’s Mental Health Program
- PROVIDE a fun and healthy team-building experience for your organization
- DEMONSTRATE your company’s commitment to the health & wellness of children and families in our community
- EXPERIENCE a unique opportunity for participants of all ability levels to paddle on the Elizabeth River in Norfolk!
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a Magnolia Circle member will reach out to you.
Registration is open for the 2019 Dragon Boat Race Fundraiser on September 14th! Click here to register.