Wear your best SUPER HERO Cape!
In honor of our community heroes, military heroes, CHKD heroes, patients, or a special hero in your life. Stop by our donation table to have your photo taken or email your photo to email@example.com. Winners will be chosen by the highest "Likes" on our RunWalk Facebook Page by 12pm May 31st. Win a framed picture and a FREE 2024 registration!! #CHKDrunwalk
- May 4th 12:00PM - 6:00PM, Running Etc., 1940 Laskin Rd. #302, Virginia Beach, VA 23454
- May 5th 12:00PM - 6:00PM, Running Etc., 1707 Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23517
- Race Day 3:30PM Packet Pick Up Opens Virginia Beach Sportsplex, 2044 Landstown Centre Way. Virginia Beach, 23456
- No team packet pickup
- If you are 16 or older, you must have your ID to pick up your race number - NO EXCEPTIONS.
- If you are picking up race numbers for others, you must have your ID, a note from the person you are picking up for authorizing you to pick up their packet and a copy of their ID - NO EXCEPTIONS. You may pick up a family member's race packet as long as you have the same last name and you have your ID.
Download Sample Authorization Form
Race Day Schedule
- 2:30PM Volunteer Check-In / 3:00PM Volunteers Arrive
- 3:30PM Registration & Packet Pick-Up Opens
- 4:00PM Beer & Froze' Slushies Served
- 4:15PM 10K Start
- 4:30PM Kids 60 Yard Dash Opens with last dash at 7:30PM
- 5:00PM 10K Awards – Top 3 Men & Women Overall at the Donation Table
- 5:30PM 5K Start
- 6:00PM 5K Awards - – Top 3 Men & Women Overall at the Donation Table
- 6:30PM 2 Mile Family Walk Start
- 7;30PM Cape Contest Parade
- 7:30PM Team Awards
- Absolutely no refunds. If you cannot join us race day, email firstname.lastname@example.org for a 100% tax deductible receipt before May 1, 2023
- No transfers to another person
- After May 1st, all race changes must be made at packet pick up. Fees may apply.
- Parents that want to run with their kids must register due to safety and liability insurance rules.
It is imperative that the registration data associated to your race number does in fact belong to you, the participant. From race results to finishers’ awards being impacted, as well as medical staff being able to correctly identify participants in need of treatment.
LIMITED to 500 Registrations!! Tentative Start Time is 4:15PM. More Details coming soon!
Tentative Start Time is 5:30PM. More Details coming soon!
Start and finish at Waterside District! Tentative Start Time is 6:30PM. More Details coming soon!
For those who cannot make it May 6th; but would like to participate to earn a RunWalk shirt and medal, REGISTER for the VIRTUAL 10K RUN, 5K RUN, 2 Mile Walk OR Kids 1 Mile Run. Once you register, you have until May 7th to complete your run or walk. Please share a photo of your run, walk or crawl on our Facebook page or email it to email@example.com. Shirts, medals and goody bags will be mailed to all Virtual Registrants.
Race Bib Info & Results
This year's 10K and 5K will be timed by Flat Out Events. 10K and 5K bibs have a QR code with the link to race results. Results can also be found here. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or race timing issues.
We would LOVE to see your race day photos, please tag us @RunWalkfortheKids, and #chkdrunwalkforthekids. You can find race day photos on our Facebook page and your photos by bib number at Lida Nixon Photos.
The success of our event depends on the countless volunteers who support it by giving of their valuable time and energy. Register to volunteer online or by scanning your application to email@example.com.
Kid 60 Yard Dash & Kid Zone
Presented by the Virginia Beach Mayor's Youth Leaders in Action.
Bring the whole family to run or walk and then explore some of the family friendly activities in the Kid Zone! This expanded fun-filled area will include multiple activity stations for everyone to participate in, as well as corn hole, hula-hoops, face painting and the chance to meet CHKD's Healthy Bear. Designed for all ages, so families are encouraged to come out and enjoy the many activities together.
For Your Safety
CHKD Sports Medicine is the official medical service provider of RunWalk for the Kids. First aid, water stations and medical teams will be available for your safety.
Event Venue: Virginia Beach Sportsplex
The Virginia Beach Sportsplex is a 6,000-seat stadium with six corporate suites, two large locker rooms, enclosed media area, concession stands and an outdoor covered gazebo. We are located in the VB Sports District and only a few miles away from the Oceanfront and Town Center. There is plenty of easily accessible shopping, dining, outdoor adventures and family activities available throughout the city. Check out some of our sponsors for some cool ideas that will make your stay in Virginia Beach a great family experience or sports vacation. "Play at the Plex, Stay at the Beach!"
Weather forecasts are tracked before the race for heavy rain, thunder and lightning, high winds and extreme heat. If there is a possibility of threatening weather, information will be posted on our RunWalk Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/RunWalkfortheKids/ or this website home page, so that runners/walkers can prepare for severe weather during the race as well as possible course changes, delayed start, etc. Safety of all participants is priority.
On race day, the Medical and Race Directors along with the City of Norfolk and Norfolk Police Department will decide if any changes will be made to the race/s. The race start time can change, the race can be postponed or the event can be cancelled. No Refunds will be given in the event of cancellation. (Water, fog and high winds may cause the course(s) to be changed or shortened.)
Free parking at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex and CHKD Health Center 1924 Landstown Centre Way, Virginia Beach, VA 23456. There will be CHKD Event Parking Signs at the CHKD Health Center.