What We Do
The King's Daughters raise funds, friends, and awareness for CHKD.
The King’s Daughters, now 1,100+ strong in over 50 Adult and Junior volunteer Circles, work in so many different ways for our children. We are mothers, doctors, homemakers, attorneys, students, retirees, single and married women whose achievements -- from a single visiting nurse, to a hospital exclusively for children, to hugely successful fundraising activities -- have been phenomenal. Circle Membership is open to anyone who has a desire to uphold our mission.
Probably our truest, most indelible legacy is our love for children. It is the feeling, the spirit and the motivation behind every activity our organization undertakes. We love children. And in almost 120 years, our children have benefited immeasurably from the unselfish love of our volunteers.
Over the past century, thousands of children and their families have felt the devotion and commitment of women who choose to give their time to children in need. To some children, The King’s Daughters provide a hand to hold on the way to surgery or a shoulder to snuggle afterwards. To others, the organization represents a staunch advocate for children’s health issues on local, state and national levels.
Making A Difference
The work of devoted King’s Daughters has an enormous value to CHKD. Over the years, through funds raised by our Circles and Major Annual Fundraising Projects, we have been able to support much needed programs and purchase vital equipment. These are just a few:
- Give $500,000 to establish The King's Daughters Donor Milk Bank
- Purchase of 29 State-of-the-Art Cribs at $7000 each.
- Purchase of Transport Unit (ambulance) used to safely bring children to CHKD from other hospitals.
- Purchase of Incubators and Ventilators.
- Purchase of Aquatic Therapy Pool at CHKD's Oyster Point Facility.
- Give 1 million dollars for Endowment Funds for the Nursing Externship and Child Abuse Programs.
- Annually raise money for the CHKD Annual Giving Fund.
- Purchase a therapy pool at CHKD's Oakbrook location
- Donate to CHKD's Health and Surgery Center at Princess Anne